Skip to main content

I look at them and then I look at myself: Zooming out and in

 It starts with a thought, a grand thought of being someone great. Then I look outside and see many great people doing great things, people more successful than me, people stronger than me, people in better relationships. Then I start to wonder what do I value? Why is it important to me? I look in. 


As humans, we are constantly comparing our value in the social hierarchy, many people have illusory hierarchies, many people think this is a game of showing whos the biggest meanest person without being anything of substance. That is my fear, and that is what I hate the most. I want to be a person of value, a person who creates value from what he does. I hope my ideas, words and actions are valuable. 


In a lot of ways we are in the best of times, there's a network of activities which support our lives. At the same time, there is a strange desire of sticking to what we know and following routines to avoid disasters. The fear of change is crippling, sometimes even for me. But the desire for growth is greater, a plant lives this and teaches us the lesson of growing regularly expanding its branches and being valuable to others. Creating a life for others. 


That's a nature I want to adopt, does the plant care about what other plants think of it? At this point, you might say plants can't think. Well, okay, you're right. But what I am saying is, it doesn't care, and its main aim is to give value the best value and nothing else. I want to achieve something like that, I have some skills, I'll use my skills to create magic in this world. I will slowly but surely make progress. And make my visions a reality. I don't like calling desires as dreams because dreams are a loose word, I want vision, an action-packed word.


Coming to my current priorities, and having a fair assessment of myself, I am good at speaking and influencing people, giving a reason why? Having good reasons are important (Why? - What is there in the world apart from good reasons?).  There are many questions, I have to ask myself for why I want to give and create value - Let's look at death, death is important... end of my life what matters the most is I lived a life which I wanted.. "what do I want?" becomes the important question then, and "why do I want it?" becomes the second most important question... Looking at the tree analogy if I say I am a tree which will give a certain kind of fruit, I will contribute and make this world slightly brighter for others. 


Technology has been a great enabler for a lot of things, giving life back to people, giving tools to create and make magic. I am good with tech and influencing people. Thus, I feel I can contribute with that superpower. I also need to expand my vision, build it up slowly and surely to give something great back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cat and Dog world….

Note: I had always wondered what life is on the other side of the wall; well it’s pretty much the same… I, since childhood had a certain fear…of telling a girl that I liked her (the wall)…but on one fine day (or should I say night)…3:19am to be precise, message someone… ”awake?”… And then ‘IT’ happened… (Worst part- I wasn’t drunk) You must be probably wondering…what the hell! Does this has to do with the name of the topic…trust me, getting there…ok let’s see some characteristics of cats and dogs… CATS - are considered to be -   1.) Cute                                                  2.) Indifferent to others feelings (doesn’t get emotionally attached)                                                 3.) Business minded – see where their profit leys or can say they are Smart.                                                 4.) Cunning DOGS -                                   1.) Emotional Fools                                                 2.)

Life lessons from Badminton

  I’ve been an avid player for fourteen years, and I absolutely love this sport. Badminton is one of the major sources of happiness in my life. Because of the amount I have learned from it, I will explain them in more detail below: Apart from being high-speed aerobic exercise, badminton holds a deep meaning in my life. I’ve learned the lessons of discipline, adaptability, hard work, constantly trying to improve my game, fair play and sportsmanship, strategy and tactics, understanding the phycology of the opponent, living in the moment, and most importantly enjoying the sport. The first value of  discipline  was built because of the desire to mastering the sport. Before badminton I use only to play computer games, I was overweight and lazy. The reason I started playing was that all the pretty girls use to play badminton at my school and I wanted to be friends with them. But later on, badminton became more important than girls. Badminton became more important than computer games. It chan

The Good Boy Image.

Sure you can get a ‘A’ with this, Sure you can have good rapport with old folks with this and sure you would be an example for small children with this. But you know what you can’t get...Answer- A hot chick. I am going to tell you a story. Once upon a time there lived a boy, let’s call him…I don’t know…‘boy’…he was a good boy and always have been. Simple, no show off, caring, sensitive, loving, kind, respected girls…you got the idea naa… Now the story goes like this , there were girls around him who use to play with him, tease him, make fun of him, flirt with him(ya this happens with good boys only)…he use to reciprocate but in a very calm , good and noble manner, but he had a curse due to this ‘good boy image’ he can’t get all feely- feely with girls, can’t have a girlfriend as he was worried what his parents/teachers think if they got to know about it(stupid right?), and he has seen all the ‘stud’ types in the class were the one who really gets the girl . But this